Another method of silkscreening can be found on this post. (Easier and without a silkscreen)
I’ve never used bleach before, so I was worried once I put it on the shirt that it wouldn’t be light enough. But I was patient, and I just waited for a half hour and the shirt looked pretty good! The heart got a little lopsided because I hung it up to dry and I think the bleach dripped down a little bit. The bleach also soaked through onto the back of the shirt a bit, but it didn’t really bother me. So those are my two mishaps with this tutorial, but on average, it worked really well! Stay tuned for the other bleach shirt tutorial!
Hello everyone, not too long ago I posted giantdwarf’s Etsy store and I indeed tried making star clips! SO easy to make (and turned out great) :)
I took a piece of cardstock and drew a star, covered in Modpodge, then glitter. One more layer of Modpodge over once the glitter dried, then hot glue onto a bobby pin! (one thing I would recommend is using those bobby pins with the flat part on the end, but I didn’t have any)
I used this idea as inspiration but since I didn’t have any little flower pieces, I modified it a bit. I had a bunch of studs and little metal pieces that I thought would look pretty good.
All I used was a hot glue gun and an old pair of sunglasses! I really like the way they turned out ! :)
My obsession with making bows is actually sick. I’ve basically memorized this tutorial…
(my mini #craft challenge post)
1) I was wary about the “binding” of this book, because my mom was certain that the glue wouldn’t hold all of the pages in place. But to my surprise, the glue really seems to work well! (I used completely ordinary elmers glue, while I used two binder clips to hold the paper together.)
2) I cut heavy cardstock (I repurposed a few old spiral notebooks I was done using) and covered them in fabric using Modpodge.
3) I used vintage-esque name plates ( I found them at Aaron Brothers) to add a little personal touch. Then I cut brown cardstock to fit into the inside of the front + back cover. I used more of that cardstock to bind the three pieces together (front cover + pages + back cover), using Modpodge.
4) I let it dry, and them set three heavy books on top so it was surely flattened.
I was pleasantly surprised with the results! I honestly thought this would be a hard project. I definitely plan on making a bunch of these for my friends. My idea is to put thier name on the cover and a personal note on the inside :)
I want to start doing a CRAFT CHALLENGE where I try all the crafts that I have posted here on the blog. I’ll be tagging them with craft challenge. I’m gonna try doing at least one a week!
PS. If any of you guys try any craft that I have posted and SUBMIT me photos, I will post it!!