1) I was wary about the “binding” of this book, because my mom was certain that the glue wouldn’t hold all of the pages in place. But to my surprise, the glue really seems to work well! (I used completely ordinary elmers glue, while I used two binder clips to hold the paper together.)
2) I cut heavy cardstock (I repurposed a few old spiral notebooks I was done using) and covered them in fabric using Modpodge.
3) I used vintage-esque name plates ( I found them at Aaron Brothers) to add a little personal touch. Then I cut brown cardstock to fit into the inside of the front + back cover. I used more of that cardstock to bind the three pieces together (front cover + pages + back cover), using Modpodge.
4) I let it dry, and them set three heavy books on top so it was surely flattened.
I was pleasantly surprised with the results! I honestly thought this would be a hard project. I definitely plan on making a bunch of these for my friends. My idea is to put thier name on the cover and a personal note on the inside :)
Tagged as: craft challenge. book arts. me.